TmobileWhiners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TmobileWhiners

TmobileWhiners@yahoo.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problems with HTC devices freezing up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
groundhog_day
God
God
groundhog_day

Problems with HTC devices freezing up Empty
PostSubject: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm not sure if most people know this or not...
Many people complain about the T-mobile Dash, or the T-mobile Wing randomly crashing or freezing up. And there is actually an easy fix for this. These devices run off of the Windows Mobile Operating System.

And when an application is closed(whether its contacts, media player, or IE) it is still left running in the system's memory. When you hit that little 'x' in the corner it just minimizes the application much like a normal Windows PC operating system. And when the device is left running for a day or so those 'minimized' applications start to eat away at the available system memory.

So all you need to do is make sure that after a period of use with one of these devices it is necessary to access your options>memory options and close some of those unused applications. Then you should notice a large decrease in your HTC device freezing or slowing up.
Back to top Go down
Woozle Wuzzle

Woozle Wuzzle

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:07 pm

uh........wait so ur sayin when i X sumthin out its not closing it???? just minimizing??? wtf???? does turnin off ur phone close em all out? i mean i assume it does. i havent had many crsh/freeze problems at all as i turn off my phone often to charge it.
Back to top Go down
groundhog_day
God
God
groundhog_day

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 pm

yup hiting the little'x' just minimizes that applicatoin. ANd it depends on what you mean by shut off. On a lot of HTC devices 'shutting' the device off could mean just putting it into sleep mode. So you would need to check your device and see if you are actually 'shutting it off or not.....

btw what kinda device do u use woozle wuzzle?
Back to top Go down
Woozle Wuzzle

Woozle Wuzzle

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 pm

nah im shuttin it off. I hold down the power button till a window pops up and says "blah blah blah". then I click on YES to turn it off.

I have a Wing.
Back to top Go down
Schris01

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 2:26 am

if you have the wing you should really think about doing the pagepool hack for it. It frees up a ton of memory and makes the phone more responsive i did it when i had my wing and it worked great. Just google modaco pagepool and you should find it.
Back to top Go down
Woozle Wuzzle

Woozle Wuzzle

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:45 am

i think downloading and installing sumthin was what fucked it up to begin with tho. Shocked but u didnt have any problems from pagepool? if u say its good ill give it a try
Back to top Go down
Schris01

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 6:58 pm

No i didnt have any issues with the pagepool it made my wing alot faster and more responsive and also i had overclocked the processor just a little and i really liked the wing after those mods.
Back to top Go down
Woozle Wuzzle

Woozle Wuzzle

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Schris01 wrote:
No i didnt have any issues with the pagepool it made my wing alot faster and more responsive and also i had overclocked the processor just a little and i really liked the wing after those mods.

whatd u use to overclock it? i had sumthin installed just so i cud do that and it has to be what messed my phone up.....didnt even have it overclocked when it happened either! but i had no problems till later that day i installed it (forgot what it was called). does pagepool allow u to overclock or did u use sumthin else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with HTC devices freezing up   Problems with HTC devices freezing up Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with HTC devices freezing up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TmobileWhiners :: Phone Help/Issues :: T-Mobile Wing/Dash/MDA-
Jump to: