TmobileWhiners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TmobileWhiners

TmobileWhiners@yahoo.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft bought Danger! those whores!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TmobileWhiners
Admin
TmobileWhiners

Microsoft bought Danger! those whores! Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft bought Danger! those whores!   Microsoft bought Danger! those whores! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 pm

how much did they spend on the Palo Alto-based company started by Android leader Andy Rubin? No one at Microsoft is talking, nor are the guys at Danger. So I spent most of my day yesterday dialing-for-information, and have come up with the price from a fairly solid source.

Microsoft spent a cool half a billion dollars ($500 million) on Danger, making it a nice payday for investors of the Sidekick maker. The half-a-billion number was first floated by good buddy Erick. While some of the early investors got modest returns, I am told that the later-stage investors made out like bandits. It has been reported previously that the company had raised $134 million in venture backing, but in reality it’s closer to $225 million $144 million. (Folks from Danger called and insisted that they have raised $144 million to date, and pointed to their S-1 filing, and for now I am going to defer to the published numbers.)

The deal’s big sticker price is intriguing — leading me to believe that Microsoft wants to pull an Xbox on its mobile phone business. Having realized that its traditional approach is going to relegate it to business market, Microsoft is taking a non-Microsoft tact, just like it did in the gaming console business. The reason for this deal is more than just acquiring “consumer expertise,” as the company kept repeating yesterday. Danger’s software-as-a-service technology can offer “Microsoft Services” such as Search, Windows Live Mail and Messenger on the Danger platform, using it to compete with Google Android. :study:
Back to top Go down
https://tmobilewhiners.forumotion.com
Schris01

Microsoft bought Danger! those whores! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Danger! those whores!   Microsoft bought Danger! those whores! EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 am

well i hope they doing something good to the sidekick line since they suck major ass right now, but im on a blackberry 8320 and wont switch to another phone unless its blackberry so i dont care what they do to the sk really.
Back to top Go down

Microsoft bought Danger! those whores!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TmobileWhiners :: News :: General T-mobile News-
Jump to: